Museums to Explore
Meet the Agencies
October 26 • 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Lynnwood Convention Center
3711 196th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Get Directions »
Free with registration for Small Business Summit
Time: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Meet the Agencies is an IN PERSON SPECIAL SESSION happening at the Small Business Summit this year October 26 from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
*****REQUIRES 2 REGISTRATIONS TO ATTEND - see Instructions below*****
The Small Business Summit is an all-day event from 8:00 – 5:00 offering a number of resources to support your small business. There is an exhibition hall, breakout sessions, panel discussions, networking opportunities, complimentary breakfast, lunch buffet and all the coffee and water you can drink.
The following agencies will be ready to have conversations with contractors interested in learning more about public work.
- Snohomish County
- City of Lynnwood
- City of Marysville
- Community Transit
- Sound Transit
The questions below will start each discussion session with the agency.
- Where to find upcoming opportunities and active solicitations?
- What are the top three procurement methods used by the agency?
- What kind of programs or resources are available for small and diverse businesses wanting to do business with your agency?
- What are common mistakes contractors make when responding to bids?
- How the agency uses rosters?
- How to get assistance with required paperwork?
The following organizations will be present at the summit to answer questions regarding: Public Works Rosters, Government Contracting and Small Business Certifications. Municipal Research and Services Center (MRSC)
- Public Works Rosters Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Government Contracting Office of Women and Minority Business Enterprise (OMWBE)
- Small Business Certifications (CBE, MBE, MWBE, SEDBE and WBE)
The goals for this session are to gather resources and information about public works opportunities and meet local public agencies to learn about their public work needs.