The City of Snohomish is located at the confluence of the Pilchuck River with the Snohomish River.  The first settlers of the area were the Sdocohobcs, Native American fishermen, hunters, and gatherers who were a subdivision of the Snohomish Lushootseed-speaking Native American tribe.  In 1855, members of the Snohomish tribe were on hand in Mukilteo to sign the Point Elliott Treaty. The purpose of the treaty was to sort out land disputes where natives and settlers were immediately adjacent to each other and to settle other “issues” with the Native Americans. The treaty included the establishment of four reservations. By the time white settlers began arriving at the confluence of the Snohomish and Pilchuck Rivers in the late 1850s, most Native Americans had relocated to the Tulalip Reservation near Marysville.