Date(s) - Wednesday, May 31st, 2017
10:00 am - 1:30 pm
A critical part of the 2017 Governor’s Summit on Career Connected Learning is a 3.5-hour session held at multiple sites across Washington. As a group, participants will virtually join a general session on policy recommendations including remarks from the Governor to the regional sites. After the summit, regional work and issues will be shared for follow up.
Business and community leaders will learn about career-connected learning successes, identify new skills, find additional resources, and develop the capacity to solve workforce problems.
- Connect to statewide resources while staying in your community.
- Help shape the strategies for career-connected learning opportunities.
- Add value to your existing business.
For questions, contact Janine Koffel, email@example.com.
You’ll be part of a group of industry, policy, and education leaders working together to share best practices and policies to increase and strengthen career-related opportunities in high demand jobs for Washington’s youth. The Governor’s Summit is the culmination of an 18-month, multi-state Policy Academy, co-chaired by the Governor’s office and the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board.
There will be 740,000 job openings over the next five years in Washington. Washington’s young people deserve an education that prepares them to take part in our economy, and real world, hands-on career connected learning is a key part of this preparation. Such preparation also equips employers with a workforce ready for 21st century challenges and innovation.
• Inspire business, industry, labor and education stakeholders with actionable steps they can take in their own communities to support high quality career-connected learning and pathways to great jobs.
• Build a network of champions committed to supporting early, frequent, and excellent career-connected learning opportunities for Washington’s youth, especially those from under-represented populations.
• Highlight promising practices and programs in career-connected learning.
Join us at Everett Public Schools for The Governor’s Summit, which will be simultaneously hosted onsite in Redmond, WA, and at 26 other regional sites around the state. Regional sites will focus on what leaders can do locally to make positive impacts for students and business and will be held from 10am-1:30pm.
Registration & Additional Information
Cost to attend is $17. Space is limited, to register please click here.
For questions contact Janine Koffel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t make it to Everett? Visit the Washington STEM website for additional locations.